Expressions English is evolutionary in nature — a multiskill package for the learner of English that is need-based and innovative.
This series affords a more holistic approach to language proficiency. Instead of traditional objectives of language teaching, it provides various situations where a number of skills in conjunction with a variety of other cognitive abilities are used together. Further the books are designed to hone the reading skills, vocabulary and spelling, grammar skills, speaking and writing skills in a playful manner. Inculcating a love for learning plays a vital role in making learning permanent. Thus, elements of fun have been woven into the entire fabric of the book. It is hoped that this will help create a positive attitude towards learning English in our learners, leading to motivated classrooms where self-learning is a by-product.
Salient features of this series:
- The numerous activities in this book are age-appropriate and allow for differentiation to meet the needs of different types of learners.
- The ‘Thinking Caps on’ section attempts to stimulate Higher Order Thinking Skills in learners.
- The ‘Read & Rejoice’ section strives to make children independent learners and readers as they grow in language proficiency.
- ‘Celebrate Life’ reinforces age-appropriate Life Skills and positive attitude adding to the humanized class environment that this series envisions.
- Educational Manipulatives at the end of the book are intended to ensure more engaging opportunities for enabling hands-on learning.
- Learning is easy when learning is fun. This principle has been applied across this book through fun-filled activities.
This book is accompanied by a Workbook, TRM, Practice Material & Literature Reader to facilitate teaching.
A totally child-centred approach, as in the series, helps learners to learn how to learn.
English Expression 1, English Expression 2, English Expression 3, English Expression 4, English Expression 5, English Expression 6, English Expression 7, English Expression 8